Welcome to Greyhound Friends of North Carolina
Our mission is to provide adoption services for retired racing Greyhounds, provide for their health and welfare, educate the public about the availability and desirability of greyhounds as pets and place them through adoption into loving homes.
Help us help you. We want to improve our web presence and need your feedback to do it.
Please take a few minutes to complete our online survey. One entry will be picked at random for a prize.
Two additional GFNC Facebook links -
If you have ever missed an eNewsletter or want to read it again, we've added this convenient link to the the IContact eNewsletters Archives.
11th Annual Mountain Hounds May 28th -31st, 2015
Gatlinburg, TN www.gfncmountainhounds.com
Thanks to everyone for attending Open House. We appreciate your support in making our annual reunion/fundraiser successful.
Cinco Hound t-shirt Male/female cuts will be available at Mountain Hounds and can be ordered through Booster shipped directly to you home. link to order
Our thanks goes out to Crazy Collars and More for supporting GFNC. If you do not know Moose Puppy, you need to check out her Facebook, she's 86 lbs of greyhound love!
You can follow Moose Puppy on Facebook at www.facebook.com/themoosepuppy
Crazy Collars and More is offering a t-shirt fundraiser for GFNC. The shirt is $18 and GFNC will receive $10!
Click on the link below to order your shirt.
Information on WoofTrax, BarkBox, Pet Rescue RX, Smile.Amazon.com and GFNC's app has been moved to
Trading Links & Greyt News section of the website.
Volunteer Opportunities: Please click on the Main Menu side bar for Volunteer Opportunities and read what's available. We need YOU. New YouTube Video for your review:
Kennel contact information and hours:
2908A Oak Ridge Road
Oak Ridge, NC 27310
336-643-0233 Fax 336.644-2703
After Hours Emergency # 336-601-2202
New large white GFNC signage at Oak Ridge Road with a street sign at the gravel road entrance to the kennel as Misty Hollow Lane.
- Monday-Friday by appointment
- Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. *arrive for a first visit NO Later than 3:00pm
- Sunday 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. * arrive for a first visit NO later than 1:00pm
- If you bring along your pet to visit with a potential best friend - best to call for an appointment. It takes approximately 2-3 hours to choose a new "friend".
- Our posted hours includes the Noon turnout, which is the dogs 2nd daily turnout. Depending on the staff and volunteers available on any given day, we may need to interrupt your visit to perform this task, which generally takes 1 hour to complete. During this time, you are welcome to watch the turnout process until we can resume working with you. Our kennel guests greytly appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
- If the posted hours are not convenient, you are welcome to call the kennel for an appointment for weekday or weekend.
Tax ID # 56-1963355
Wish List Items: disinfectant cleaners, dry dog food, paper towels, toilet paper, bleach, liquid detergent, trash bags (large & kitchen size), $3 donations towards bulk purchase of blankets and always accept monetary donations. Kennel padding, we're looking for a carpet source. Carpet can be cut to the appropriate size of the crate.
Vehicle Donations link: A free, convenient service for converting that extra car, truck, or RV into a tax deductable donation benefiting Greyhound Friends of NC. You can donate online (link above) or call 877 999-8322 to make your donation.
September 13, 2014 NC State Veterinary Dog Olympics event pictures. Scroll thru all the pictures to find our greys. They were great and we were set up directly beside the little puppies in the fence. https://www.flickr.com/photos/ncsucvmcawc/with/15216515608/
YouTube video The Greyhound - From Racing to Home by Gulf Greyhound Park. An excellent video to watch if your considering adoptng a greyhound.
Greyhound Friends, a friend to all by Sophie Nielsen-Kolding Phoenix 14 News on April 4, 2011 Link to Newscast http://phoenix14news.wordpress.com/2011/04/05/greyhound-friends-a-friend-to-all/.
Greyhound Friends's first youtube video by Hunter, a greyhound's view on how to adopt a greyhound
Thanks to Tracy Eyre for sharing her video in tribute to her Bernadette and all greyhounds PRESENT and PAST "Who Saved Who?!"
Last Updated (Thursday, 07 May 2015 12:29)