Adoption Information and Application Form
ADOPTING A GREYHOUND
Greyhounds make wonderful pets! We encourage you to visit the rest of our web site and our kennel to learn more about the temperament and requirements of the greyhound. We work hard to ensure that we place greyhounds that have well-matched and compatible. The safety and well being of the greyhounds is of the utmost importance to GFNC, staff and adoption counselors.
If you decide to adopt a greyhound, these are the costs you will incur. Your adoption fee of $295.00 with each adopted greyhound applies towards neutering, shots, and a collar and used muzzle.
At the bottom of this page, we have placed a PDF file copy of our Hand-out brochure.
- Spay or Neutering
- All vaccinations
- Full physical exam
- Occult heartworm exam and fecal exam
- Dentistry (teeth scaling and exam)
- A greyhound safety choke collar & muzzle
- Bath and nail clipping
- Veterinarian Information Sheet
- Pet Transfer Registration Form
- Pet Tag Identification Form
Educational Adoption Information Available Includes
- Do's and Don'ts for Your New Greyhound
- Idiosyncrasier in greyhounds that can affect their medical care
*Below as an attachment - how to clinically assess and treat greys
- Important Tips to Help Your Greyhound the First Few Days
- Bringing Your New Pet Home, a 6-page guide for your greyhound regarding: transition period, crating, training, other pets in the home, child safety and veterinary care
- Please read the following "Greyt Article" Greyhounds - No Fear Training - Why do our hounds do what they do? by Kathleen Gilley, Conductor of the Dancing Greyhound Drill Team. Follow the link: http://www.greyhoundadopt.org/documents/Gilley_Girls_Article_ideas_for_problems.pdf
Help by being a Sponsor
So you can't adopt a greyhound but still want to help? Become a Sponsor by pledging a minimum of $10.00 as a monthly donation on behalf of the greyhound of your choice. Your pledge allows you to help with the costs for one of the hounds while he/she is waiting for adoption.
Sponsorship is a wonderful way for for school classrooms, retirement home residents, and others who can't physically adopt a greyhound of their own to participate fully in our rescue and adoption effort. Just $10 dollars a month sponsorship for each dog would be a tremendous help to keep GNFC finding homes for retired racers and educating the public about these wonderful dogs. Our adoption fees help to cover the basic medical requirement for adoptive placement; spay/neuter, shots, teeth cleaning, worming, etc. As a non-profit organization, we rely on your donations to feed and house the greyhounds and to cover the costs of medical expenses beyond the norm.
All donations are tax deductible; 501(C)(3) not-for-profit organization.
Printable Adoption Application attachment is located at the bottom of this page.
|Printable Adoption Application||[Adoption Application]||43 Kb|
|Greyhound Friend 2012 Brochure||[GFNC hand-out promotional kennel/adoption brochure]||100 Kb|
|Idiosyncrasies in greyhounds that can affect their medical care||[Complete Blood Count Idiosyncrasies in Greyhounds]||177 Kb|